Wednesday, July 17, 2013

30 Day Asian Drama Challenge: Day 1

Welcome to Day 1 of the challenge! 
When did you start watching Asian Dramas?
I started watching Asian Dramas in September 2012. The first drama I watched was Faith (aka The Great Doctor (신의)). You can read the full story on my About page, but I will give you a little snippet here. 

I found Dramas through music. I was watching the Top 50 K-pop Billboards on Youtube and heard the song “Carry On”by Ali. After a few weeks hearing the song and loving it, I did a little bit of research thinking that it might be from a movie. Wrong! That is how I found Faith and when Asian Dramas drafted me into their Army of Obsessed Ones (The Korean Drama Unit).  After Faith ended, I found myself going through a small (laugh small) withdrawal from Lee Min Ho and his pretty. I found Boys over Flowers; Again I was hooked. This was also about the time that I decided that I wanted to learn Korean as I had been listening to the music for a couple years not understanding what I was listening to. Also, my husband and I have always talked about adopting from Korea. Learning Korean became my excuse for my obsession of Korean Dramas. It was “study” time and still is.  
Day 1 complete. Come back tomorrow for Day 2...

1 comment:

  1. Hi! I'm DayDreamer from Dramabeans. Saw your post there about your new blog. I remember my first Asian drama being Coffee Prince but for some reason I hadn't watched it in its entirety nor did it pull me into Asian dramas immediately. It was when I watched Nodame Cantabile (all of it) that I finally got pulled into Asian dramas. Then I went back to Coffee Prince and fell in love with it.

    ReplyDelete